- Prepare learners to influence the delivery of healthcare services through safe and accountable clinical judgment.
- Promote and facilitate (student-centered) lifelong learning opportunities responsive to the needs of students, graduates, faculty, community, and profession.
- Commit to the advancement of nursing knowledge and application to health care by collaborating with faculty within and external to the university and with professionals in healthcare and community agencies.
- Support and participate in activities that interpret and promote the role of the nurse, influence nursing practice, and the concept of caring.
- Support efforts to recruit and retain students from diverse backgrounds and experiences who demonstrate potential for success in nursing.
- Incorporate a holistic approach to culturally congruent care throughout the lifespan.