Accounting: Bachelor of Science Degree
National American University’s Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree program provides learners with the opportunity to develop the skills, ethics, and technical knowledge required to enter the accounting profession in the public and private business sectors. The program graduates lifelong learners who are prepared to be competent professionals and have the foundation to pursue graduate studies.
The program will:
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to develop plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities and membership in professional and community organizations.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualifications guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program’s community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
- Achieve and maintain specialized program accreditation.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles, managerial/cost accounting principles, auditing standards, and taxation practices.
- Analyze practical accounting problems and financial statements using critical thinking skills.
- Adhere to ethical guidelines governing the conduct of accountants.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.