Degrees in business administration are for individuals interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the key functional areas of business. Emphasis is placed on communications, teamwork, ethics, and the skills for managing in diverse and globally engaged organizations, providing a solid foundation for success in the business field.
This versatile program is designed to prepare graduates for a variety of career opportunities in business, industry and government. It will also help students develop the skills to become successful entrepreneurs or grow an existing business. Graduates who complete the bachelor’s degree programs will be prepared to enroll in graduate programs in fields such as business administration or management.
Courses focus on managing the interactions that occur between business functions when defining and solving real-world business problems. The curriculum is designed to emphasize performance-based active learning, and to make the course work directly relevant to the day-to-day challenges of working professionals. Students also have the option to select the following emphasis areas at selected campuses if they choose: entrepreneurship, financial management, human resource management, information systems, international business, management, marketing, pre-law, supply chain management, tourism & hospitality management, and management accounting.
The management degree program is distinct from the business administration degrees because it allows students to transfer credits from prior vocational, technical, specialty, or military education. Graduates from this program will find many career opportunities for advancement in business management areas, as well as management opportunities associated with their specialty field.
National American University has been providing quality business education for over 70 years. The Management and Business Administration degree programs at NAU are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
The program will:
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to develop plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities and membership in professional and community organizations.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualification guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program’s community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
- Achieve and maintain specialized program accreditation.