Clinical Laboratory Technician: Associate of Applied Science Degree
The program will:
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to develop plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities and membership in professional and community organizations.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualifications guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program’s community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
- Achieve and maintain specialized program accreditation.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Follow established standard laboratory procedures.
- Recognize unexpected test results and instrument malfunction in all major areas of the clinical laboratory and take appropriate action.
- Correlate laboratory test results to disease processes.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication.
- Process information utilizing healthcare and laboratory information systems.
- Develop a plan to achieve national certification.