Computer Security: Associate of Applied Science Degree
The need for information security professionals has never been greater. The associate degree in computer security will familiarize students with techniques related to information security basics, network, operating system and software security, and methods for penetration testing. Graduates will possess the necessary tools to become IT professionals with the knowledge and expertise to identify emerging security risks and implement security policies and procedures to support organizational goals.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation and maintenance of relational databases.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the fundamental information technology skills required to provide user support in business.
- Administer a network infrastructure designed to support management and production functions in business or industry.
- Implement and maintain computer-based information systems to support the decision-making function of management.
- Protect information assets through the implementation of security models and standards.