Healthcare Management: Bachelor of Science Degree
The healthcare management program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to become effective managers and leaders within the healthcare industry. Graduates can expect to find career opportunities in management positions within the diverse healthcare field or within their own area of clinical/professional expertise.
The program will:
- Provide students with a fundamental knowledge of health care accounting, marketing, finance, law, management/supervision, and health care perspectives needed for managerial positions in the health care industry.
- Develop students' capabilities in research, and current technology, for application and use in data collection, and business analysis as it applies to health care.
- Provide students with the opportunity to develop their oral and written business communication skills.
- Provide students with the tools for critical thinking to enable them to analyze problems by identifying and evaluating alternative solutions to problem solving.
- Involve students in teamwork/leadership development through participation in classroom and/or online discussion groups, assignments, written papers, and learning activities.
- Provide students with an understanding of professional and personal ethics and its application within the health care business environment.
- Measure key student learning outcomes, and identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply professional and ethical management and leadership concepts and principles to define successful business strategies in health care.
- Characterize the financial analysis of increasing specialty health care organizations.
- Apply basic legal principles to employment, discipline and discharge in health care institutions.
- Demonstrate satisfaction of the Health Care Management Program.
- Show proficiency in written and oral communication skills.