Healthcare Management: Bachelor of Science Degree
The healthcare management program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills to become effective managers and leaders within the healthcare industry. Graduates can expect to find career opportunities in management positions within the diverse healthcare field or within their own area of clinical/professional expertise.
The program will:
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to develop plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities and membership in professional and community organizations.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualifications guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program's community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply professional and ethical management and leadership principles and concepts in healthcare organizations across the continuum of care.
- Apply financial management principles and concepts in healthcare facilities across the continuum of care.
- Examine legal principles, regulatory requirements, and technological issues in health care.
- Examine the efficiency and quality of patient care delivery and support services in healthcare institutions and recommend improvements.