Although most courses listed in the catalog may be taken by independent study, they are available only under extenuating circumstances. The student must consult with the academic dean to determine if he/she qualifies for an independent study.
In addition, the student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Written approval of the academic dean must be obtained.
- The student must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- The independent study cannot be used to improve an earned grade.
- The student cannot enroll in an independent study if the course is listed on the on-campus or online class schedule.
- No capstone course or therapeutic massage program course may be completed by independent study.
- Indication of academic ability must be evidenced by:
The independent study course will start on the first day of a term and end on the last day of the term. Students are expected to meet with the supervising faculty member at least one hour each week of the term. Independent study forms may be obtained by contacting the academic dean. Students are encouraged to submit forms prior to the start of the quarter. All forms should be submitted by the last day of the add/drop period.