Information Technology: Bachelor of Science Degree, Emphasis in Computer Security and Forensics
This program prepares students for the technology jobs of the future. Information security is the practice of ensuring the confidentiality, availability or integrity of a system. Digital forensics courses will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of digital forensics investigation tools and techniques, and the collection, preservation, and analysis of digital evidence. Graduates will have an in-depth understanding of threats, risks, and attacks, and the technologies, policies and procedures to mitigate information system threats.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.
- Protect information assets through the implementation of security models and standards.