Information Technology: Bachelor of Science Degree, Emphasis in Management Information Systems
The requirement for management personnel to understand information technology and its impact upon modern business operation has never been greater. This degree program, with its component of business, finance, management, and accounting courses and its specialization in MIS, prepares graduates to be managers in information technology. Graduates are qualified for positions as systems analysts and information systems managers.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation and maintenance of relational databases.
- Collaborate with constituents to establish the information technology needs of a business and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis and design life cycle framework to develop an information system.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Apply ethical decision-making models in the information technology environment.