Medical Staff Services Management: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Legal cases during the past decade have drawn national attention to the importance of credentialing and peer review in hospitals and other credentialing organizations. Because of this trend, the role of the medical staff services management professional has also grown in importance. To carry out the duties of the medical staff services director or coordinator, a person must possess the knowledge and skills related to medical staff services administration, accreditation and regulatory compliance, management of credentialing processes, privileging, risk management, medical staff law, peer review, and information management.
The medical staff services management degree program is offered both online and in a blended format to accommodate those currently in the profession, those new to the profession, and those wanting to pursue the profession.
The program will:
- Perform initial credentialing, reappointment, and delineation of privileges processes.
- Maintain compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards applicable to medical staff services.
- Coordinate processes related to medical staff bylaws, policies, and rules and regulations.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Interpret and implement accreditation standards applicable to MSSM.
- Accurately enter reappointment and initial credentialing application data.
- Identify which credentialing elements need to be verified for an Initial, Reappointment, and Temporary Privileges process for the appropriate accreditation agency.
- Show proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate satisfaction with the MSSM program.