Medical Staff Services Management: Associate of Applied Science Degree
Legal cases during the past decade have drawn national attention to the importance of credentialing and peer review in hospitals and other credentialing organizations. Because of this trend, the role of the medical staff services management professional has also grown in importance. To carry out the duties of the medical staff services director or coordinator, a person must possess the knowledge and skills related to medical staff services administration, accreditation and regulatory compliance, management of credentialing processes, privileging, risk management, medical staff law, peer review, and information management.
The medical staff services management degree program is offered both online and in a blended format to accommodate those currently in the profession, those new to the profession, and those wanting to pursue the profession.
The program will:
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to create plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities, membership in professional and community organizations, and a life of learning.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualifications guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program's community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
- Achieve and maintain specialized program accreditation.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Interpret and implement accreditation standards applicable to MSSM.
- Accurately enter reappointment and initial credentialing application data.
- Identify which credentialing elements need to be verified for an Initial, Reappointment, and Temporary Privileges process for the appropriate accreditation agency.
- Show proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate satisfaction with the MSSM program.