Today's organizations need business professionals who are dynamic leaders and informed decision-makers in order to be successful in the competitive global economy. This degree program is designed for persons seeking to upgrade their leadership skills and advance in organizations. Graduates will have a distinct advantage in being able to combine core business knowledge with insight and skills gained from the added dimension of course work in organizational leadership. These courses prepare students to be better leaders, to initiate change, to solve problems, and to foster more innovative learning environments.
Students who have an interest in combining the knowledge and skills gained through the study of organizational leadership with those acquired in the field of human resource management should consider completing the human resource management emphasis core courses as open elective options.
- Prepare learners to attain university core abilities and program learning outcomes by utilizing performance-based curriculum in a caring and supportive learning environment.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to create plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities, membership in professional and community organizations, and a life of learning.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualifications guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that promote academic excellence, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program's community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
- Achieve and maintain specialized program accreditation.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Utilize leadership concepts and theories to attain organizational goals.
- Formulate management strategy to effect organizational change.
- Apply ethical decision making models to ethical dilemmas faced by individuals and organizations.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.