Small Business Management: Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Associate of Applied Science Small Business Management program is designed to meet the needs of students who have the goal of starting a new business or expanding an existing business. The program emphasizes the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are essential to becoming a successful small business owner and/or manager. Students will acquire skills in entrepreneurial strategies and planning, feasibility analysis, market analysis, and competitor analysis and will develop a comprehensive business plan for a new business venture.
- Prepare learners to achieve established university core abilities and program learning outcomes in a caring and supportive learning environment that utilizes performance-based curriculum and promotes academic excellence.
- Measure and assess student learning and implement improvements, as needed, to ensure high quality academic programs and services.
- Prepare learners to create plans for the pursuit of graduate studies and/or continuing professional development activities, membership in professional and community organizations, and a life of learning.
- Confirm that faculty members meet university qualification guidelines, utilize effective and innovative teaching methods that enhance learning, and pursue opportunities for professional development.
- Monitor the needs of the program's community of interest and maintain the currency and relevancy of program curriculum through regular faculty and advisory committee meetings and academic program reviews.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program will:
- Apply introductory concepts and theories in marketing, management, accounting, business ethics, and economics.
- Analyze typical challenges that business decision makers are likely to face.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Create a comprehensive business plan for a new business venture.
- Apply introductory concepts and theories in entrepreneurship.