skip to content

Catalog search

Repeating Courses - Undergraduate

A student may be eligible to receive financial aid for a repeated course if the student previously withdrew from the course or received a failing grade. A student may also be eligible to receive financial aid one time to repeat a course in which the student previously received a passing grade. However, a student generally may not receive financial aid to repeat a course for which the student previously earned an "A." 

When a course is repeated, the higher grade is used to calculate the student’s term and cumulative grade point averages, although the lower grade will remain on the transcript. For policies affecting nursing courses, please refer to the school of nursing student handbook.