skip to content

Catalog search

Withdrawal from NAU

If circumstances require that a student discontinue his/her education at NAU, even temporarily, it should be done officially by contacting the academic dean. A clear date of separation is needed for refund purposes, as well as grade records. Because financial aid can also be affected, it is important for a student to maintain good standing and contact his/her financial aid advisors prior to withdrawing. Unofficial withdrawals create problems for everyone concerned. Among other things, students can incur out-of-pocket expenses as described in the catalog refund policy.